Stagg Wabnik Law Group
Debra L. Wabnik
Direct Line: (516) 812-4504
Direct Fax: (516) 812-4604
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload vCard
Debra Wabnik is a partner at Stagg Wabnik Law Group. She represents clients in federal and state courts in New York and New Jersey, as well as federal courts in Connecticut. She also represents clients in administrative forums such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights, and the New York State Education Department. Debra has handled numerous appellate matters before the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments. Her practice areas include general litigation, labor and employment and banking and credit card litigation. She achieved an "AV" Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, has been named a New York Metro Super Lawyer since 2013, and was voted the 2014 Top Legal Eagle in Employment Law for Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Debra is a graduate of Hofstra University of Law, where she was a member of the Labor Law Journal and Editor of the Entertainment Law Digest. She received her undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Binghamton, where she graduated with honors. She is a member of the New York and New Jersey bars.
Debra completed advanced commercial mediation training and conducts private mediations. She is a member of the Eastern District of New York and Southern District of New York Mediation Panels, as well as the New York State Commercial Division Mediation Panels in Nassau, Suffolk, New York and Westchester counties.
Debra's published works include "Judicial Review of Education Law 3020-a Pre-Hearing Conferences," Nassau Lawyer, Vol. 64, No. 3 (November 2014), and co-author of "Paying for Convenience: Pitfalls for Employers in On-Call Scheduling," Nassau Lawyer, Vol. 70, No. 5 (January 2021).Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- General Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Employment Law
- Appellate Practice
- New York, 1994
- New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 2003
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2009
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, 1993 J.D.
- Member, Hofstra Labor Law Journal
- Editor, Hofstra Entertainment Law Digest
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.S. with honors, 1990